The SOHP is pleased to work with faculty across disciplines and campuses in the Triangle area. The purpose of our Faculty Affiliates Program is to establish a community for those who work in oral history and with the SOHP, to communicate with others about issues and opportunities, and to learn from one another’s expertise.
- Gabrielle A. Berlinger, Assistant Professor of American Studies, UNC Chapel Hill
- Charles Bolton, Associate Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, UNC Greensboro
- William Chafe, Alice Mary Baldwin Professor of History, Emeritus Duke University
- Kat Mellen Charron, Associate Professor of History, North Carolina State University
- Claude Clegg, Lyle V. Jones Distinguished Professor of African American and Diaspora Studies with a joint appointment in the Department of History, UNC Chapel Hill
- Renée Alexander Craft, Associate Professor, Department of Communication and Curriculum in Global Studies, UNC Chapel Hill
- Marcie Cohen Ferris, Professor of American Studies Emerita, UNC Chapel Hill
- Barbara Friedman, Associate Professor, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, UNC Chapel Hill
- Bryan Giemza, Associate Professor of the Humanities and Literature, Texas Tech University Honors College
- Michelle King, Associate Professor of History, UNC Chapel Hill
- Michelle Lanier, Director of North Carolina’s African American Heritage Commission and Instructor at the Center for Documentary Studies, Duke University
- Lisa Levenstein, Associate Professor of History, UNC Greensboro
- Raúl Necochea, Associate Professor of Social Medicine, UNC Chapel Hill
- Louis A. Pérez, Jr., J. Carlyle Sitterson Professor of History, UNC Chapel Hill
- Ryan Shaw, Associate Professor, School of Information and Library Science, UNC Chapel Hill
If you are interested in joining the SOHP Faculty Affiliates, please fill out the involvement form. We welcome your participation in our growing community of oral historians.
As a Faculty Affiliate, you will get:
- access to free oral history workshop or training for yourself or for your students
- inclusion of your oral history research in SOHP communications
- networking with other oral historians
- invited to attend monthly SOHP colloquia, and to share your work at one colloquium
- access to a closed email listserv
We will hold one meeting per semester for our Faculty Affiliates and hope that you will join us to discuss shared concerns (such as IRB and the ethics of oral history work, oral history pedagogy) and potential collaborations.